The first of three expansions for Tom Clancy’s The Division – Underground – is now available on the Xbox One, PlayStation and Windows PC. Massive Entertainment’s first paid add-on for the game adds a number of new additions that will hopefully please high-level players who have worked their way up to level 30 and conquered even the most challenging Incursions.
Agents who deploy into the Underground will be tasked to investigate a secret war that is happening below the streets of Manhattan. With our to three friends players can take on randomly generated missions filled with new hazards and traps. A new level 30 incursion is also available in Hell’s Kitchen regarding a weapon that the Cleaners faction might be able to use to shift the balance of power in the Big Apple. Four new gear sets and one new weapon is also added in Underground for high-level agents.
The Underground expansion ships alongside game update 1.3 which is available for free to all players on all platforms. Below are the official notes and trailer for Tony Clancy’s: The Division Underground.
EXPANSION 1: UNDERGROUND
Please note that you must own the Underground DLC to gain access to this content. This is available on June 28 for Xbox One and PC, and August 2 for PlayStation 4.
- There is a secret war going on in the uncharted and claustrophobic depths of Manhattan. Root out the threat and earn unique rewards.
- Explore the Underground of New York in solo play or up to four player co-op.
- Operations: Experience randomly generated levels with all new environmental hazards and traps.
- Directives: Add a unique twist to your gameplay experience by changing the rules of engagement for both your enemies and your own team and combine more Directives to unlock better rewards.
- Underground Rank: Earn Underground experience and climb in Rank to unlock new Directives, Operation types, and exclusive Vanity Items.
New Incursion: Dragon’s Nest
- Travel to Hell’s Kitchen and investigate rumors of a new Cleaner weapon that can wreak havoc throughout Manhattan.
- You must be level 30 and have completed the mission “General Assembly” to access the incursion.
- The encounter is balanced for a team of four players outfitted with high-level gear.
- Heroic Mode will be available one week after release.
New Gear Sets and Weapons
- Added four new Gear Sets:
- B.L.I.N.D. – Control the battlefield with an improved Pulse skill and flashbangs with this hybrid gear set.
- DeadEYE – Dictate long-range engagements with powerful critical strikes or accurate headshots.
- FireCrest – Set your enemies ablaze with this offensive gear set.
- Reclaimer – Boost your entire group with the ultimate support set.
Added one new Weapon:
B.L.I.N.D. System MDR Rifle: Please note that while it will be implemented in the game, you will not be able to acquire it until a future update.