Today on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace, the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack is available courtesy of Gearbox. Free to those who purchased the Season Pass and costing 400 MSP/5.00 for those who didn’t buy the season pass. The main thing the pack brings to the table is the one thing a level cap from 51 to 61 which many players have been requesting for some time. Pearlscent-grade weapons and “Ancient” E-Tech relics are also going to be added to the game as well. Below you can read the full details of the general upgrades and the pack specific upgrades:
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
- Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
- Powerful new “Ancient” E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.