Correction: The original version of this story stated that the open beta takes place this weekend. However, this is not the case, the Beta event that begins on Thursday is actually a closed beta open to those who have a redeemable invite code via dust 514’s official website or for those who purchased the mercenary pack on the PlayStation network.
CCP’s Free-To-Play person shooter tie-in to the Eve Online universe, Dust 514, will begin its first
open invite only beta on the PlayStation Network this weekend. If you’re looking for an advantage during the large-scale warfare and mayhem that Dust 514 sure to bring then perhaps you’d be interested in the “Mercenary Pack”, a collection of for purchasable items.
The Mercenary Pack is priced at 19.99 USD and is available on the PlayStation store right now.
The contents for the Mercenary Pack are:
· 4,000 Aurum ($20 value) – the in-game currency for DUST 514 that you can buy in the PS Store
· 30-Day Active Skill Booster – increases earned Skill Points (SP) by 50%
· Dragonfly’ Scout Dropsuit – a uniquely designed armor with unlimited use
· ‘Toxin’ ICD-9 Submachine Gun with unlimited use and a custom skin
· HK4M Shotgun x 50
· Hacked Drop Uplink x 50 – allows players to create on-the-spot spawn points for their teammates
· Fused Locus Grenade x 50
· 1.5dn Myofibril Stimulant x 50 – offers players a temporary melee damage boost against opponents
· All Access Beta Pass – allows players to participate in every Beta Event, as well as additional play sessions during off weekend