Tagged: Arma 2
Posted in: PC Tags: Arma 2, Day Z, Patch
After Day Z came out, Arma 2: Combined Operations has sold, and this is just a rough estimate, about a bazillion copies. In fact, it always seemed to be in the top 5 best sellers of the latest Steam summer sale even when it wasn’t heavily discounted. Now that so many more people are playing Arma2: Combined Operations, Bohemia Interactive has released a patch (version 1.62) for the title. The press release promises lots of “fixes to multiplayer, which- aside for the large scale military battles, will also make zombie hunts much less prone to crashes and should improve server stability.”
The main highlights of the patch are below, and you can read the whole change log after the jump.
- Multiplayer optimizations, security and server improvements
- Overall stability was improved with numerous tweaks and fixes
- Added new video options (Post-Process Anti-Aliasing, Alpha To Coverage)
- Additional AI improvements and numerous bug fixes
- Resolved issues with several training missions
- Added a lot of new script commands for content makers
We brought in a member of Bohemia Interactive to pick the winners from Friday’s competition. Here is what operative “Korneel” had to say:
I loved the effort and the answers. There were 4 which really caught my eye. Therefore, as a very special exception, I am giving you two extra A2:CO codes to distribute.
My picks are:
- Athanasios (Literally the only possible flaw in his plan is the fact that Jarmen Kell, due to his age, might not be flexible enough to imitate the look of a human stomach or a padded human sausage )
- Fearpoint (The scarce-vodka-supply-rumour works like a charm!)
- Sorophx (You thought of all the angles – We’d gladly assign you to this mission)
- Ksim3000 (You’ve mastered the political game!)
Good luck and all the best!
So, you four are our winners. Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. I’ve already received emails from Fearpoint and Ksim about other matters, so I’ll recognize their addresses. However, I’d appreciate it if Athanasisos and Sorophx commented in this article to confirm that they’ve emailed me. We don’t want OPFOR stealing your hard earned Arma2 copies.Posted in: Site News Tags: Arma 2, Bohemia Interactive, Contest
Today we’ll be giving out two codes for a free copy of Arma 2: Combined Operations from Bohemia Interactive’s online store. To enter the contest read the scenario below and describe how you would tackle it. The winners will be announced in a post on Monday. You may read the scenario after the jump.Posted in: Site News Tags: Arma 2, Bohemia Interactive, Contest