Haarlem, The Netherlands – 18 December 2015 – Development studio Fugitive Games and publisher Iceberg Interactive have released a major update for their sumptuous space sim Into The Stars (PC/MAC). This final Early Access Update includes content requested by the community, such as improved shuttle missions and a major combat overhaul, giving players increased control and numerous options when battling foes. Into The Stars entered Steam’s Early Access program in July, and is set to fully launch in Q1-2016.
More information on this and previous updates can be found in the Steam Community Hub HERE.
For more information about Into The Stars, please visit the official websitehttp://www.fugitive-games.com/ . Into the Stars is currently in a weeklong 25% discount deal on Steam, the offer ends Monday, 21st December.http://store.steampowered.com/app/360510
About the game
We’ve been under attack for 10 years now. Every 6 months the Skorn arrive, set on destroying our planet, and now few of us remain to defend what’s left. The massive Ark ships we’ve built in hopes of escaping them have all gone, save one. You must take the role of Captain of our final vessel, the Ark 13, and guide a hand-picked, but inexperienced crew on a journey fraught with intrigue and danger. The fate of the Endurance Coalition is uncertain and you could well be our last hope. How will you fare once you set out Into the Stars?
Into the Stars is an open-world Space Survival Simulation built in Unreal Engine 4, featuring an original score from Jack Wall.
Take the role of Captain as you explore a massive star system in search of a new home for humanity. Outfit your ship, hand pick your crew and set off on a journey where you must scavenge resources, shelter civilians and either outrun, or outgun a hostile alien force, in order to survive.
• Complete Control: Take command of your hand-picked, but inexperienced crew, and guide them through a star system packed with mystery and danger.
• Explore a Massive Star System: You have the freedom to set your course for salvation, but no approach is free from peril. Each of the 90 zones in this system present unique opportunities, along with challenges, and only you can find the path to success.
• Challenging volley-based Combat: A number of foes, who are unwilling to negotiate, await you on this voyage. That’s why your ship is equipped with weapon systems that speak for the human race, in a language everyone can understand. Choose your target points, battle stations and crew wisely, if you want to survive numerous alien encounters.
• Music by Jack Wall: Driven by an original score from the legendary composer behind the music for Mass Effect, Call of Duty and Lost Planet.
• Replay ability: Every decision you make as Captain, and every randomly generated obstacle the crew encounters, can affect the outcome of a mission, creating a different experience, every time you play.
About Fugitive Games
Fugitive Games is comprised of crafty veterans on the run from traditional development at places like DICE, Capcom and SCEA to build games that focus on fun and community first. We’ve worked on a range of products from heavy hitters like Battlefield, Medal of Honor and Lost Planet to cult hits such as Shadows of the Damned and MAG.
Collectively we’ve shipped over 20 titles across 10 platforms, but with Into the Stars we have the opportunity to build something special for you!
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over recent years, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, StarDrive and Starpoint Gemini 2, the company has an exceptional current line-up, including Into the Stars, Oriental Empires, Killing Floor 2, Starpoint GeminiWarlords and Starship Corporation – with further promising games in the pipeline.
Play it cool!