When it was first unveiled in Japan I was hoping that Nintendo’s latest vehicle for the Miis would make its way stateside and now we have more information, a release date, and even a demo for the upcoming Nintendo RPG.
In the game you will journey with Mii characters based on your friends and favorite people and save Miitopia! Assign jobs, manage their friendships, and embark on a quest to defeat the Dark Lord and restore the stolen faces of the people. Mii characters mingle over food, camping, exercise, sleeping arrangements and, yes, combat! In these wild, yet traditional RPG battles, your party’s relationships affect the outcome. For more customization options, tap compatible amiibo figures: some yield in-game Mii costumes, and let you dress like Mario in your adventure!
- Embark on your own personalized journey with Mii characters based on your friends and favorite people.
- Guide a team of Mii characters on a quest to defeat the Dark Lord and restore the stolen faces of the people of Miitopia!
- Manage Mii friendships to increase their might in traditional turn-based battles.
- As your Mii characters interact, watch their hilarious scenes unfold.
- Assign your Mii allies jobs with specific abilities, stats, gear, and custom looks.
- Cast Mii characters in roles across the world of Miitopia.
- Use the SpotPass functionality to connect to Mii Central to download Mii characters created by other players to fill in your world.
- Tap compatible amiibo figures* to unlock special outfits.
Nintendo demoed the game during E3 in their Treehouse LIVE segment, which you can see over on their YouTube channel. You can download the demo in the eShop right now. Your saved data from the demo will carry over into the full game as well.
Miitopia will be released on the Nintendo 3DS on July 28th.