Lightwood Games’ next word game will hit the Nintendo 3DS eShop on Thursday. The game is a follow-up to their Epic Word Search Collection, aptly titled Epic Word Search Collection 2. The game will be released in North America, Europe and Australasia on May 26th.
Epic Word Search Collection 2 brings together five more of Lightwood’s “epic” puzzles. Each one is a giant scrolling monster of a word search, with around 1,500 words hidden in a massive grid of more than 14,000 letters. You can use the D-Pad or Circle Pad to move around the puzzle, then tap and drag with the stylus to select a word. The upper screen shows which words are hidden in the visible section.
This sequel adds the ability to flip direction controls – a much requested feature from users of the original game. Players who activate StreetPass can share their progress with others and will be able to see how they are doing compared to players they meet!
The five puzzles included are:
- Epic America Word Search celebrates the best of America – with fireworks! Travel Route 66, head west for the Gold Rush and take in a ball game.
- Epic Ancient Word Search visits Greece, Rome and Egypt and takes you from Stonehenge to Pompeii to the Great Wall of China. By Zeus, it’s historic!
- Epic Animals Word Search is the furriest word search you’ll ever meet and want to tickle the tummy of.
- Epic Journeys Word Search takes you travelling in luxury on the Orient Express, off-roading through the Australian outback and on an expedition to conquer Mount Everest.
- Epic Shakespeare Word Search – Friends, Romans, countrymen, find me some words!
The game will retail for $7.99 USD / $9.99 CAD.