Grasshopper Manufacture’s next project Lolipop Chainsaw is heavily influenced by the Punk & Rock movements of the 80’s if the art style and aesthetics didn’t already give that away. The game’s sound director Akira Yamaoka and Jimmy Urine of Mindself Self Indulgence fame come together to discuss the game’s sound track in this latest promotional video.
Each character’s personally inspired the type of music for each of the game’s characters/bosses. Akira mentions that 1980s rock left a big impression on him and that lead to some of their choices for not only the original tracks featured in the game but also some of the licensed music Grasshopper has included.
[youtube id=”AYSLoN38EhU” width=”600″ height=”350″]
The full track list includes:
· Lollipop – The Chordettes
· Pac Man Fever – Buckner & Garcia· Rock ‘N’ Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain) – Skrillex
· The Way of the Fist – Five Finger Death Punch
· Stop Reading, Start Doing Pushups – Destroy Rebuild Until God Comes
· Riot Rhythm – Sleigh Bells
· Turtle Crazy – Toy Dolls
· 1,000 Cigarettes – MSTRKRFT
· Heroes Of Our Time – Dragonforce
· Nemesis – Arch Enemy
· Needled 24/7 – Children of Bodom
· Mickey – Toni Basil
· You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) – Dead or Alive
· Empire State Human – The Human League
· Cherry Bomb – Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
· Speed – Atari Teenage Riot
Lolipop Chainsaw is scheduled for release on June 15th for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.