Paradox Interactive announced the first expansion for Cities Skylines in almost an entire year – Cities Skylines: Natural Disasters – which will bring an often requested feature, the ability to destroy your metropolis with a variety of devastating events. It’s not just fire reigning from the skies that Natural Disasters adds to the game but also an Early Warning System,Q emergency routes for civilians and response vehicles and so much more.,
Alongside the new in-game events Paradox will also be beginning a unique set of challenges based around disasters and a scenario editor which should let mayors create their own challenges.
Cities Skylines: Natural Disasters is currently scheduled for a Winter release. Here are some of the new features according to the press release:
- Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Keep your city going through the devastation of several possible doomsday scenarios, from towering infernos to the day the sky exploded
- With Great Power Comes Great Response Abilities: Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations – finally, a Paradox game where “Comet Sighted” actually means something
- Radio Saved the Video Game: Citizens can go Radio Ga-Ga with a new broadcast network, helping to rapidly spread evacuation warnings and emergency alerts – or simply relax to new in-game music stations
- An Objectively Good Feature: Scenario Mode allows players to design custom game objectives, including custom starting cities, win conditions, time limits, and more – and share scenarios to Steam Workshop
- Chirpocalypse Now: Heck yeah, new hats for Chirper