343 has not exactly been playing Halo 5: Guardians close to the belt, but one thing we have yet to see are some of the new designs for equipment and vehicles that will be available for purchase in the games new requisition system. The new vehicles are recognizable with just enough difference to make them interesting.
- Scorpion: The new iteration – the M820 – of the storied Scorpion is half the mass of the old M808 yet has nearly identical firepower and armor protection. As expected, ONI spares no expense with its “security” Scorpions, outfitting them with experimental ammunition using the latest energetic propellants. Advanced Scorpion with heavy armor and upgraded cannon.
- Mongoose: Lovingly dubbed the “mothergoose” by frontline infantry men and women due to its increased size over the M274, this particular variant shown is Liang Dortmund’s heavy-duty modification of the standard M290 ATV. The result is a nimble but rugged Mongoose with extra armor.
- Gungoose: The new “Gungoose” is the result of an M290 Mongoose quad bike fitted with twin grenade launchers. A passenger can be accommodated on the rear-facing seat, providing ample offense on this snake-killer’s nose and tail.
- Rocket Warthog: Rocket Warthogs are often the first and last line of defense against Covenant aircraft for UNSC ground forces. This particular variant showcases an improved Rocket Warthog with upgraded armor.
- Gauss Warthog: Tested in classified ops during the Requiem campaign, the UNSC has fitted a brand new evolution of the heavy gauss cannon on the M12B Warthog. For this particular ONI-spec variant, gauss cannon impacts produce lingering area of effect damage. The precise mechanism remains highly classified. Calling one of these bad boys in gives your team an advanced Gauss Warthog with heavy armor and upgraded gauss cannon.
- Banshee Ultra: Only skilled Sangheili aces are entrusted with these rare and valuable aircraft, with means that each one is carefully husbanded for decisive strikes. Superior T-54 Banshee with heavy armor and significantly upgraded armament.
Most fans would agree that these new designs are cool, still recognizable but neat new twists on classic Halo vehicles. Also hinted at here is a card like system as we recently saw in Titan Fall and the new Star Wars Battlefront.