SEGA’s classic mix of Real Time Strategy, Visual Novel Storytelling and watercolor inspired aesthetics – Valkyria Chronicles – is now available digitally on the Nintendo E-Shop for Switch. It’s hard to believe that the original tale of Squad 7 was released a decade ago on the PS3, I remember buying it’s original release on day 1! Now veteran commanders and fresh recruits alike can join Alicia, Welkin and the other members of Squad 7 in the game that kicked off the Valkyria franchise. There wasn’t anything like it upon release, and to this day it remains a solid JRPG worth your time, even if it has quite a few harsh difficulty spikes.
Valkyria Chronicles is priced at $19.99 USD or $29.99 CDN and is actually smaller in file size than the PlayStation 3 original. While this release doesn’t support the 60 Frames Per Second that the Remastered version supports on PC and PS4 – it does include all of the DLC an EX missions made for the game.
- Valkyria Chronicles – Everywhere, 23/7 – Play on your TV or via the Nintendo Switch’s built-in screen, the troops are ready to move out.
- The complete Valkyria Chronicles experience – all additional downloadable content from the first game in the series is included in this Switch version.
- A war, two fronts – Set during the Second Europan War, in this fantasy version of the 1930s. In Valkyria Chronicles, we follow Lieutenant Gunther and his Squad 7 in their fight against the Imperial Alliance.
- Experience the CANVAS engine BLiTZ Battle System – Valkyria Chronicles is a watercolor come to life thanks to the CANVAS engine and gameplay mixing real-time and turn-based battle. The BLiTZ Battle System ensure an original and fascinating experience in more than one way.
- A legendary composer for a legendary series – The great Hitoshi Sakimoto animates the battlefield with mastery thanks to a soundtrack that remains memorable.
Source: SEGA PR