What’s the best way to beat the summer heat? Surprisingly we’ve had two major RPG releases this season – Dark Rose Valkyrie and Valkyria Revolution and both games have a whole trove of free downloadable content on the PlayStation Store. When the thermometer breaks one of the best ways to pass the hot days is to immerse oneself in an RPG.
Fans of Idea Factory International’s recent RPG produced by development staff known for the ‘Tales of’ franchise, Dark Rose Valkyrie, can nab extra missions, a couple of costumes for party members and crafting resources.
Available Free DLC (Dark Rose Valkyrie)
- Founding Commemoration Set
- Special Boot Camp Set (x 3)
- Special Provisioning Set (x 3)
- Amusement Variety Set
- Dark Heart Pounding Set
- Dengeki Exciting Set
Perhaps visiting SEGA’s re imagining of the Valkyria series is more your style when it comes to summer time RPGs. SEGA has provided Amleth & Co with quite a few resource packs and special missions available through the PlayStation Store to aid them on their quest to free their home from the influence of the Ruzi Empire.
Available Free DLC (Valkyria Revolution)
- Special Issue: Spinning Squall+
- Special Issue: Veteran Pouch+
- Special Issue: Smash Blaze+
- Special Issue: Ragnite Shards
- Special Issue: Burn Field+
- Scenario Pack: Princess & Valkyria (extra missions)
- Scenario Pack: Maxim & Remembrance (extra missions)
- Scenario Pack: The Circle of Five
- Scenario Pack: Vanguard Bundle (extra missions)
There you have it – two collections of DLC to extend your summer RPG experience and all of it is available for free. Let us know in the comments if you found this reminder post useful and I’ll try to highlight other low cost or free game add-ons in the future.
I have both Valkyria Revolution and Dark Rose Valkyrie loaded onto my PlayStation 4 and I am planning to delve deeper into my opinions on both later this summer, having just finished both an Elder Scrolls Online expansion and Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood – I need a bit of an RPG break before launching into another 50 hour+ quest.