Ubisoft today announced a $20 CDN feature limited version of the multiplayer focused Rainbow Six Siege that will be available from now until June 19th.
Players who purchase Rainbow Six Siege starter edition will receive access to all of the maps that were released at launch as well as the free content drops that appear frequently. Starter Edition players will also have access to all available game modes, weapons, attachments can go through the entire progression system. Full version owners & Starter Edition owners also play on the same servers and Starter Edition players can also play in the competitive scene.
How things differ is how player characters, called “operators” unlock in the Starter Edition. In the regular game players can unlock all of the operators for free with about 2 hours of in-game playtime per character or by purchasing a Season’s Pass. The starter edition will unlock two operators from a randomized pool and then provide players with 600 RB coins which can be used to purchase 2 additional operators. Additional characters will take about 15 hours in-game time to earn and there is a one-week lockout from newly announced operators for non-Season Pass holders.
In their FAQ Ubisoft explains that Starter Edition players have multiple ways to earn more renown through daily / weekly missions if they want to try out new characters”
How can I unlock the operators faster when playing the Starter Edition?
– Play the Daily and Weekly Challenges to unlock extra Renown
– Purchase Renown Boosters.
– Wait for the weekly Operators discounts (Renown and R6 Credits).
– Purchase the 35$/€ R6 Credits pack to unlock all the 16 original Operators (attacker and defender bundle).
Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition is available on both Steam and Uplay for a limited time. Here is the game recommended specs:
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or better or AMD FX-8120 @ 3.1 Ghz or better
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (or GTX 760 / GTX 960) or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (or R9 280x [2GB VRAM] / R9 380 / Fury X)
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 47 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card 5.1 with latest drivers
- Additional Notes: SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE: GeForce GTX 460 or better, GTX 560 or better, GTX 650 or better, GTX 750 or better, or any card from the GT900 and Titan Series, Radeon HD5870 or better, HD6870 or better, HD7770 or better, R7 260X or better, or any card from the R-300 series and Fury X. Laptop models of these cards may work but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be supported after release. For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website:http://support.ubi.com