Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate is the name of the game in the 4X Genre. This small sub-set of the strategy genre has a very supportive fanbase who have thrown their weight behind a number of smaller projects that have been very success, especially on the PC. Needless to say, announcement of new expansions to these smaller, yet immersive games are inevitable.
Such is the case with the expansion to Endless Space, titled Disharmony, this $9.99 DLC expansion allows players to unlock a brand new faction, The Harmony, as well as hero units. Endless Space features a state-of-the-art campaign, allowing you to guide a civilization of your choice to the ultimate conquest of the galaxy. Disharmony will be available digitally on June 26th, and will release a short time later at retail bundled with an artbook.
Developers Amplitude, don’t build their games behind giant walls of secrecy, everything from new features to art direction are up for discussion through their GAMES2GETHER initiative. They take community feedback very seriously, incorporating changes in different areas of a games design before shipping a project. For more information on their very community focus development philosophy, check out their official site.
We’ve got a trailer for Endless Space after the jump.
[youtube id=”jeQ5PyMLjlM” width=”600″ height=”350″]
Here’s a few blurbs explaing Endless Space further, courtesy of Amplitude:
• A brand new Faction called “the Harmony” with a single objective in mind, annihilate Dust!
• New fighters and bombers units that will completely change the shape of combats, especially with the new Battle Formation and Targeting systems
• A complete rework of the Ship Design Interface giving an improved Weapon System that includes family types for modules (short, medium and long range)
• New Invasion mechanics have been added: prepare your population for bombardments, sieges and land invasions!
• Expect to face a real challenge when playing against AI opponents with the New Adaptive Multi-Agent Artificial Intelligence System (AMAS)