Apparently there is a virus going around through the Xbox 360 version of Borderlands 2 dubbed: ‘Graveyard.sav’. It affects your save file and can be aquired by playing in public games or with friends that have played in public games.
Here is the official statement from Gearbox Software:
“Recently a few users have begun violating the Xbox Live Code of Conduct by using an external application to maliciously disrupt the experience and sabotage characters of legitimate Borderlands 2 players on Xbox 360. Fortunately it’s easy to avoid this scenario.
While we work to resolve this as quickly as possible with our partners, concerned Xbox 360 players of Borderlands 2 should consider playing online with trusted individuals in non-public sessions. This does not affect players on PC or PlayStation 3.
We also advise that before ceasing play, users always select “Save and Quit” from within the pause menu while their character is alive. If after the death of their character players find themselves at the main menu of Borderlands 2 instead of respawning in-game, be sure to immediately select “Continue” to resume playing as that character.
We ask that players report any suspicious behavior in Borderlands 2 to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much details and documentation of their disrupted experience as possible to assist us in our investigation.
For discussion of this topic, please use this thread: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh…75#post3056075“
So basically the best thing you can do until this issue is resolved is not play with anyone that you don’t trust and don’t play with anyone who plays in public matches. So all in all: keep your friends close.
For details about the patch that was released today (which doesn’t fix the Graveyard issue), continue reading after the jump.
Here is the official list of updates from the most recent patch:
- Fixed player first-person arms appearing too far up or down the screen when in horizontal/vertical split mode.
- Fixed players losing ammo when reloading a savegame with max ammo and a stockpile relic equipped.
- Fixed the vendor UI sometimes showing a count of 1 less item in the player’s backpack than is actually there.
- Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
- Fixed players getting stuck in a white box when two people try to travel at once and one is in a vehicle.
- Allowed players to trade with each other when at maximum backpack capacity if they’re trading the same number of items with each other.
- Fixed clients sometimes losing access to fast travel stations unlocked during co-op progression.
- Fixed the favorite/trash icons on inventory items sometimes disappearing when scrolling the inventory list.
- Added safeguards against the game getting stuck on a ‘Saving…’ prompt when a client with a splitscreen player saves and quits the game under specific rare circumstances.
- Fixed the “has abandoned your struggle!” message sometimes appearing with no player name.
- Fixed mini-map fog-of-war sometimes not uncovering correctly when first loading a saved game as a client.
- Fixed co-op players sometimes spawning at different places after a level transition.
- Fixed an error that could sometimes occur when trying to join a game where the host had recently returned from a downloadable content area.
- Fixed an error where clients would sometimes see certain weapons firing in incorrect directions.
- Fixed a blocker in the “Do No Harm” mission and repaired users already affected by the bug.
- Fixed an issue with savegames sometimes causing the game to stutter / freeze and repaired saves already affected by the bug.
- Made the user’s inventory not jump to the top of the list when using a customization item.
- Fixed a bug with shields that reduce the player’s maximum health not displaying the amount of health reduced on the item card.
- Fixed a bug where some challenges would sometimes re-complete levels 1 through 5 over and over again, granting the user additional ranks and tokens.
- Enemies affected by a Siren’s Thoughtlock ability may now be damaged by other players.
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes lose their third and fourth weapon slots. Characters who have already lost these slots will be repaired the next time they are loaded.
- Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
- Fixed occasionally skipping players being added to the “players met” list.
- Fixed the Taiwanese currency not displaying correctly in the in-game marketplace.
Also, here is a video of the Graveyard virus:
[youtube id=”Glm_UL-Iqyg” width=”600″ height=”350″]
Hopefully none of you have experienced this virus, but if you have please make sure to report it to Gearbox through the link above.