Announced during New York Comi-Con, Ono announced that Street Fighter X Tekken is receiving a balanced update like Super Street Fighter 4 AE before it, in the form of Street Fighter x Tekken Version 2013. Just like the SSF4 AE 2012 update, Street Figher X Tekken Version 2013 will be a free upgrade as well. Other than character balancing, the system is getting a few tweaks to improve the overall gameplay as the game has earned the ire from many players and it’s a reason many tournaments are slowly dropping the game from its schedule. For character balances, so far only fourteen character changes were announced but with a roster of 50 characters (55 on PS3) expect some announcements for the rest of the roster. The Street Fighter x Tekken 2013 update will be released around mid-december, below is a list of confirmed changes to the game and a trailer at the end.
- Standard throws are faster, and now have a 5 frame start-up, rather than the 7 frame start-up in previous versions.
- Life recovery speeds have been adjusted, so that there are less time-outs.
- Anti-air techniques for Tekken characters have been improved to closely allow juggling from the Tekken series.
- The cinematic camera during Boost Combos has been changed, giving battles a speedier feel.
- Recoverable health has a more distinct color. (from a darker yellow to red)
- The glowing effect that accompanies a gem’s activation has been changed (less glowing now).
- The “Fight” message at the start of each round disappears faster.
- Ken: Extended the forward distance of Shippu Jinraikyaku with damage increased
- Kazuya: Becomes completely invulnerable when Demon God Fist EX is activated (until the attack ends)
- Cammy: Hooligan Combination can take off to Cannon Strike EX
- Julia: Increased the damage of Lashing Arrow EX with wall bounce damage and Extended in-air time on short distance heavy punch and can chain to Super Arts
- Bob: Giga Jacker EX sends opponent to a hard knockdown state and walk speed has been increased
- Abel: Wall bounce on Counter Hit of Shoulder Tackle
- Xiaoyu: Invulnerable frame has been added on Hakkesho EX
- Balrog: Dash Swing Blow EX on crouched foes makes them fall on their backside
- Heihachi: Increased damage on Chrome Dome! Also, MAX Chrome Dome can’t be defended
- Ibuki: While falling after Kunai EX, Canceling can be activated on Kunai EX
- Paul: Invulnerable time on Shredder EX has been extended and walk speed has been increased
[youtube id=”HYkSdIvmRxU” width=”600″ height=”350″]