Arc System Works latest 2D fighter, Blazblue: Cross Team Battle, sees the universes of Persona 4, Under Night Rebirth, Blazblue and Rooster Teeth’s RWBY collide in the most epic crossover fighting game this side of Smash Bros. BCTB’s accessible yet deep fighting system – combining aspects of Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena and Under Night: Rebirth together – allows players to ease into their favorite characters, while allowing more experienced veterans room to pull off impressive combos.
Here are some of the features of Blazblue: Cross Team Battle as Arc System Works PR outlined in their press release:
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Features
- Cross over between 4 different universes! Play as characters from the BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, Under Night In-Birth, and (for the first time ever in a fighting game), RWBY series!
- Dive deep into the accessible 2 vs 2 gameplay system in a gorgeous 2D tag team based fighting game!
- Take the fight to your friends, online, or against CPU opponents in robust single and multiplayer modes!
LOOK GOOD DOING IT
- High definition anime styled 2D characters alongside beautiful 3D backgrounds and smooth animation brings the game to life!
- Developed by Arc System Works, creators and developers of critically acclaimed and fan favorite fighting series BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, and Dragon Ball Fighter Z!
Available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC, Blazblue: Cross Team Batle isn’t just more accessible gameplay wise but price wise as well. The Standard Edition, which includes a 20-character roster, is priced at $59.99 CDN. Additional characters will be sold in sets of 3 for $4.99 as add-on DLC but during the game’s first two weeks the first character pack is available for free alongside Blake from RWBY who will be free indefinitely. A season pass of sorts, the Cross Tag Collection, priced at $19.99 includes all 5 character packs.
More coverage of Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle will be forthcoming later this week as Arc System Works has provided us with a digital Nintendo Switch copy for coverage. Until then make sure to check out several brand new launch day screenshots below.