Studio Wildcard will be bringing the prehistoric survival game ARK: Survival Evolved out of the Early Access age with the release of the retail version on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on August 8th. ARK on personal computers will be available for multiple operating systems including Microsoft Windows, MAC OS and various flavors of Linux.
Three different editions of ARK: Survival Evolved will be available for Xbox One and PS4 and are available for pre-order the company announced. They are:
ARK Survival Evolved Standard Edition – $59.99 USD
- Includes the base ARK experience.
- Access to all free content and updates that have been released to date.
ARK: Survival Evolved Explorers Edition – $99.99 USD
- Includes base ARK experience.
- Provides access to the Scorched Earth expansion pack which was released last September.
- Provides access to future expansion passes via an included Season’s Pass.
- More content packs are promised for the Explorers Edition later this year and into 2018.
ARK Survival Evolved – Limited Collector’s Edition – $159.99 USD
- Includes base ARK Experience.
- Scorched Earth Expansion.
- Season’s Pass.
- ARK Island cloth map replica.
- ARK Necklace.
- Survival Evolved soundtrack as performed by the Philarmonica Orchestra.
- Studio Wildcard development team poster.
- Leather- bound Explorer’s Notebook.
With three different versions it might get a little confusing for new players to know exactly which version of ARK to pick up. Surely only the hardest of hardcore fans will choose to purchase the Limited Collector’s Edition since, as the name implies, it will be manufactured in limited quantities. Early Access backers such as myself seem to be funneled into the Standard Edition, this makes sense – Scorched Earth has always been add-on DLC since day one. Studio Wildcard promises that even the base ARK experience will provide players with 100s of hours of entertainment.