Last night in San Francisco California Idea Factory International announced three brand new games coming to PlayStation 4 or PlayStation Vita in Spring / Summer 2017. The three brand new games will be released in North America, Europe and Japan next year and surprisingly none of them are entries in the long running Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise. Say hello to Mary Skelter: Nightmares, Idea Factory International Announces A Trio of RPGs For PlayStation Systems, Hauoki: Kyoto Winds, and Dark Rose Valkyrie.
Dark Rose Valkyrie
In this brand new action RPG players take the role of Asahi the leader of Japan’s covert military organization ACID as they try to defend 1929 Japan from the outbreak of the horrifying Chimera virus. This deadly infection has the potential to wipe-out 3% of the world’s total population, in response to its emergence Japan has closed off its borders and formed the ACID agency to take care of the Chimera infection within its territory.
Featuring veteran “Tales of” character designer Kosuke Fujishima and “Tales of” scenario writer Takumi Miyajima this action RPG / Visual Novel hybrid is certainly one to keep an eye on. Check out the debut trailer below.
Mary Skelter: Nightmares
Mysterious dungeons and vicious monsters await players in the dungeon crawler Mary Skelter: Nightmares for the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV. Featuring the ability for players to lay down traps and fight monsters in turn based combat using special blood transformations Mary Skelter: Nightmares looks to offer players a lot of tactical options.
Here are some of the key features courtesy of IFI:
- Walking Nightmares The dungeon-crawling RPG genre gets a twist when special enemies can chase you through the dungeons! Lay traps to make your escape, or try to face them down!
- Blood-drenched Transformations! Characters can transform with stronger stats and extra skills, but if they fight too much they may enter Blood Skelter Mode, where they go completely berserk!
- Everyone’s got a Job Strategize your dungeon battles by assigning different classes to your characters, unlocking new skills, stats, and character portraits!
Hakuoki: Kyoto Wind
Lastly bringing up the rear is Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds for the PlayStation Vita & PlayStation TV. This remastered version of the 2008 visual novel weaves the tale of Chizuru, a girl who is determined to find her father. Along the way she’ll have the option to romance the samurai Shinsengumi through a plot that twists and turns with unexpected events. Set at the end of the Japanese Bakumatsu period , this visual novel looks very compelling for both Japanese history fanatics and VN fans alike.
Here are some of the key features as provided in IFI’s press release:
- 12 Handsome Bachelors Fall in love as these 12 bachelors battle for your heart in this historical fantasy!
- Over 80 Hours of Romance With over 30 different endings, immerse yourself in the world of Hakuoki through its compelling tale of romance, friendship, and betrayal!
- Beauty at Your Fingertips Fluid animation and vibrant art breathes life into this climatic era in Japan’s history! Then, view all of the art in a gorgeous photo gallery.