Starcraft II’s Wings of Liberty Campaign will be available in its entirety for free alongside the complete unranked & AI multiplayer suites Blizzard announced today during their Blizzcon keynote. Later this month a major patch will be released for SCII that unlocks more content for free users that was previously only available to owners of Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm or Legacy of the Void. Previous to the upcoming patch the free version of SCII, called Starter Edition, was limited to the Terran faction only and with a small selection of multiplayer maps.
Here is a breakdown of the features of the brand new Starcraft II: Free to Play edition:
- Access to the complete 12 hour “Wings of Liberty” campaign for all players.
- Previous owners of “Wings of Liberty” will be gifted “Heart of the Swarm” by Blizzard.
- Access to the complete unified multiplayer (Vs AI) suite with units from across all 3 campaigns right away for all players.
- F2P commanders can earn access the Ranked mode after earning 10 daily “First Win of the Day”.
- All Co-Op Commanders available up to level 5, no more rotation!
Starcraft II’s Free to Play patch will go live on November 14th.