Yesterday Sabre Interactive & id Software released a small hotfix for the Early Access version of Quake Champions. These fixes come just two weeks since the latest game update which brought with it new content & champion adjustments but also had players reporting increased lag during matches / other performance issues and problems with the game’s’ social functions.
In addition to performance fixes related to the loading & unloading of characters, this hotfix also addresses problems that may occur when a player has a large number of friends on their contact list. Also added to the game is a brand new vanity item for Ranger, “The Keepers Head”, which ties into the upcoming The Evil Within 2.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Fixed crash some players were experiencing on loading/unloading from game
- Fixed crash some players were experiencing in customization screen when buying item with both platinum and shards at the same time
- Fixed crash some players were experiencing on purchasing vanity items in customization
- Fixed issue where players were being kicked from match while loading into Burial Chamber with the exception of the Spectator
- Fixed in-game Contacts list so it properly shows player’s online/offline status and no longer causes performance issues with larger Contacts lists
- Fixed issue when Spectating a player that died did not show the death animation and instead showed the player select screen
- Fixed issue where Sorlag’s acid spit ability was doing double damage at certain distances
- Improved double landing sounds for all Champions
- ‘The Keeper’s Head’ vanity item added for Ranger. Instructions on how to obtain it can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/game