Niantic announced today that mobile game sensation Pokémon GO has been updated to version 0.33.0 for Android and 1.3.0 for iOS devices.
Below are some release notes and comments from the development team.
- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed.
- Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
- Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.
- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
- Currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
- Minor text fixes
I haven’t taken the app out for a GO since the update, but just a quick look inside the app after the update doesn’t show a lot of cosmetic difference, with the notable exception that the “nearby Pokémon” screen now shows a bit of grass behind the character.
We’ll let you know more as we experience the update.