The latest version of Pokemon GO, Version 1.1.0 has rolled out on the Android & iOS platforms. This update brings an often requested feature – Trainer re-customization, allowing players to fit their digital avatar with different clothing. While browsing the re-customization screen it appears that a few new hats have been added, including one that is modeled after Red’s hat from Pokemon Blue & Red. Trainers can also swap their in-game gender with the press of a button.
Other fixes include updated achievement animations / graphics. Improved memory optimization, adjusted battle damage – which nerfed the popular Eevee evolution Vaporean and the usual bug fixes that come with incremental patches.
Probably the most controversial change in this update won’t be the nerfing of certain move but the removal of the ‘three step’ counter that appeared on the nearby Pokemon screen. The feature was intended to give players a visual representation of how close wild monsters where to them but it never worked as intended. Instead all Pokemon displayed the maximum range, three footprints, leading the community to dub the glitch the “three step glitch”. With the removal of the step icons players have no way to tell how far/close Pokemon are to them.
What do you think of this update? Let us know!
Here is the full patch notes:
Trainers, Pokémon GO has been updated to version 0.31.0:
– Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen
– Adjusted battle move damage values for some Pokémon
– Refined certain Gym animations
– Improved memory issues
– Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon
– Modified battle damage calculation
– Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
– Updated Pokémon details screen
– Updated achievement medal images
– Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
– Minor text fixes