RPG fans looking for their fix from the Shin Megami Tensei series will get their next chance to check out a new entry in the long running franchise with the release of Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse on the Nintendo 3DS this summer.
Today in a press release Atlus USA announced that players who pre-order the game or pick up a 1st print copy on launch will get a little extra bonus with their physical copy of the game – a set of 3 metal pins inspired by the game.
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse’s story overlaps with the events of 2013’s Shin Megami Tensei IV but players will not have had to played the original game to understand the events in Apocalypse, however returning players will see some familiar faces.
In their press release Atlus USA highlighted several key gameplay features. They are as follows:
- Divine Intrigue– Choose between peace or anarchy while being a pawn in the gods’ chess game.
- Combat Partners– Hunting demons is dangerous, so count on some backup! Alongside the standard three demons, players will be able to rely on one of seven partners to help win battles.
- Oodles of Demons– Be on your guard because Tokyo is infested with a series record 450+ demons to fight, fuse, or recruit.
- Revamped Demon Fusion– Demons will have affinities for certain skills, so players can better plan the outcome of fusions.
- Classic SMT Combat– Prospective Hunters will exploit weaknesses, boost attributes, and unlock skill bonuses with the returning Press Turn and Smirking systems.