Cypronia announced Friday that the second update to its hit Wii U Nintendo eShop game, Cube Life: Island Survival, will be released worldwide in March 2016. The game was originally released for the Wii U last June.
The new update (v1.2) will let you share custom maps (like Super Mario Maker). With the update there will be 400+ items are now available, with new items like ladders, motorboats, diving masks, traps, and more. Cypronia has also completely redesigned AI, making canibals smarter.
Here’s what else the update adds:
- Stealth attacks! Approach an enemy from behind and gain the upper hand
- Bigger world to explore at 3,520 x 3,520 blocks (was previously 2,880 x 2,880)
- New pets: Added Chickens, Boars, Baby Boars, and Giant Crabs
- New Animals: Rabbits, Puffer Fish, Parrots, Lizards, Gorillas, Crabs, and Jellyfish
- Fight New Enemy Bosses: The Kraken, and Cannibal Boss
- Assign commands to pets now (defensive, offensive, or collect items)
- New Color Map with Radar (displays position of enemies, pets)
- New release territory – Available for download in Australia + New Zealand
The game has also taken off in Japan, hitting #3 in eShop downloads as of February 10th.