Nexon’s take on the Cyberpunk world of Ghost In Shell: Stand Alone Complex, titled Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex – First Assault, is now available via Steam Early Access.
Set in the year 2030 players are put into the role of Section 9 special forces member as the nation of Japan is under siege by members of a cyber terrorist organization. In order to combat this threat the player has been augmented with cybernetic enhancements that allow them to exceed current human limitations – deploy turrets, see in the dark with infra-red vision and more!
The game will eventually go free-to-play but for now it is available in as an early access build for a minimum of $5. As with other games that Nexon has published – expect some form of microtransactions with this title. There are a number of different buy-in tiers for early access beyond the initial $5 investment that will unlock some extras:
- Recurit Pack ($5.49 CDN) – Access to the closed beta + one exclusive weapon skin.
- Operative Pack ($7.69 CDN) – Access to the closed beta + Two exclusive weapon skins + 100,000 GP for early access and 100,000 GP for the eventual open beta.
- Specialist Pass ($10.19 CDN) – Access to closed beta + three exclusive weapon skins + one extra character slots + 1000,000 GP bonus for closed & open beta.
- Elite Access Pass ($32.99 CDN) – Access to closed beta + three exclusive weapon skins + three extra character slots + 500,000 GP bonus for open & open beta.
Nexon has also released the recommended system specs for the game.
- OS: Windows 7 64bit or later
- Processor: Intel i5 2500 3.3 Ghz
- Graphics: GeForce GTS 450
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 3 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or higher compatible sound card or on board processor