Monolith Software’s absolutely gorgeous open world RPG Xenoblade Chronicles X is looking to be one of the must own titles of 2015 and Nintendo showcased almost an entire hour of gameplay footage during today’s Nintendo Direct. Along with the uninterrupted game-play footage we also got some new details surrounding the title. Chronicles X may not a massive a system seller when compared to last year’s line-up of Smash Bros and Mario Kart but for long time Nintendo fans this is one to watch!
Here is a quick rundown of everything we learned today:
- The localization team is currently working on the English localization of Xenoblade Chronicles X.
- All of those sweet looking mechs we’ve seen in the trailers? They’re known as ‘Skells’ in the North American version. In the Japanese version they’re called ‘Dolls’.
- Story missions are handled through in an agency known as B.L.A.D.E. Additional side quests can be picked up all over New Los Angeles from NPCS
- Your Wii U gamepad can be used to view a map of the continents in Xenoblade Chronicles X and can also be used to place down probes at specific points. These probes act as the game’s respawn points.
- An in-game bestiary is available, currently called the ‘creature-pedia’ but it was stressed that this name is not final.
- Players fearing a harsh penalty for death can breathe a sigh of relief. You do not lose in game currency or experience upon death and you’ll be teleported to the nearest dropped probe.
- All five of the game’s continents will be available right from the start.
Unfortunately as of press time Nintendo has not yet archived the Twitch broadcast but they did post the first 8 minutes of the Nintendo Direct onto their YouTube channel. We’ll update this post as soon as we have a working copy of the entire broadcast.